RBDO: probability constraint is a finite element model

What should we do if the limit state equation of the probability constraint in RBDO is a finite element model?

Hi @Mr121Tony ,

You can use a wrapper directly in an m-file to call and excute your FE code within the RBDO module.
Please also have a look at the UQLink module (Manual here) if you are interested in directly connecting your software to UQLab.

Best,
Moustapha

@moustapha Thank you, sir. I have a problem. The UQLink example in UQLib only gives an example of calling INP files, but INP files usually do not contain geometric information about the model, such as length, radius, etc. INP files don’t seem to contain as much information as py files, and INP methods don’t seem to work well when geometric information is related to RBDO’s objective function being minimum volume. Does UQLink have a method to call the py file and define random variables and other operations in the py file? If so, can you provide an interesting example?
Best wishes,
Mr121 Tony

Dear @Mr121Tony

From your other questions, I’m guessing that you want to run Abaqus using a python script?

For UQLink it doesn’t matter if you run Abaqus via an .inp file or a .py script. They are both in text format and therefore can be modified/generated by UQLink. Just make sure you use the correct command to start Abaqus. Instead of 'abaqus -job TenBarTruss interactive' you must use 'abaqus cae noGui=TenBarTruss.py'.

Best regards
Styfen

1 Like

@styfen.schaer @moustapha Thank you, Sir. Your suggestion is really effective. I have learned the UQLink application in abaqus inp and py file by using UQLab.

1 Like