UQWorld

Performing AKMCS using random fields as initial experimental design

Hello,

I would like to know, if in UQLAB it is possible to perform AKMCS taking as initial experimental design the random field I generated with another function. Say I have a FEM mesh of 60X30 elements modeling the behaviour of a diaphragm wall after each excavation step. For each soil element I assign a different Young’s modulus E according to my random field (E = LN(125 MPa, 31.25 MPa) and Markov autocorrelation function). All other soil parameters are deterministic. Failure is defined as the top horizontal displacement of the wall being greater than a value (say 45 mm). What I would like to do is, given my random field matrix of for example 100 realizations (matrix of 100X1800), obtain the probability of failure with AKMCS. I’ve already seen, that in the advanced options of AKMCS it is possible to give the initial experimental design and the corresponding limit-state function values. The problem is, that I have to define the probablilistic model anyway, right? But if I assign a marginal equal to LN(125 MPa, 31.25 MPa) to every variable I have (Young’s modulus E for each element of the FEM mesh), then my variables are no more spatially correlated I think.
I hope my question is clear enough in order to help me.

Best regards,
Gil Jacot-Descombes