Deterministic design optimisation with PCK

Hello UQ community,

I am trying to conduct some RBDO with the use of PCK as metamodelling stratey. However, prior to RBDO, I’d like to carry out an Deterministic design optimisation (DDO), in which one of the constraints is the PCK I’m using to mimic the limit state function.

I have tried to create a function handle of the PCK, and introduce it into the matlab optimisation toolbox, unsuccessfully.

Then, by diving into UQ code, I’ve noticed that in path\uq_analysis\builtin\uq_rbdo\uq_rbdo.m there exists an option for DDO. I’ve also found that option in uq_deterministic_evalConstraints.m and uq_matlabnonlconwrapper.m
However, I haven’t been able to initialise such analysis.

I wonder if anyone has carried out this sort of analysis in UQLab.

Thank you

Hi @ARacionero ,

I will need to check the DDO part of the RBDO module. It was not mentioned in the manual, meaning that it wasn’t tested with the latest version of the module so there may be some broken links. I will check it and officially add the option for the next release.

Regarding the function handle, you should use the uq_evalModel.m function, more specifically:

fun = @(x)uq_evalModel(myPCK,x)

Sorry for my (very) late reply.

Best,
Moustapha

Dear @moustapha,

thanks for your reply. Do not worry for the timing, I managed to perform the DDO as you just mentioned and then running the Matlab Optimization Toolbox.

Thanks again for your amazing software.

Best,
Alberto