We would like to invite you to submit a paper for a Minisymposium on “Numerical modeling of infectious diseases: COVID-19 and beyond” at the 42nd Ibero-Latin-American Congress on Computational Methods in Engineering (CILAMCE-2021) and 3rd Pan American Congress on Computational Mechanics. The congress will take place in Rio de Janeiro - Brazil Nov 9 - 12, as a hybrid meeting with in-person and virtual options. We have indicated that our mini-symposium will be virtual.
The MS topics cover (but are not limited to):
– Compartmental models in epidemiology;
– Epidemic models with Spatio-temporal dependence;
– Agent-based epidemiological models;
– Computational fluid dynamics applied to investigate epidemics and related topics;
– Statistical methods in epidemiology;
– Graph-based techniques for analyzing the progress of an epidemic;
– Optimal control of epidemiological models;
– Uncertainty quantification in epidemiological models;
– Numerical investigation of protective equipment.
Many exciting sessions are planned at the conference around several different themes. We encourage you to look at the conference website for details of this and other Minisymposia (https://cilamce-panacm2021.com.br/).
If you are interested in participating please submit an abstract via the conference website by April 30th, 2021. Important dates are given below.
• Deadline for Abstract submission: April 30, 2021
• Notification of Abstract acceptance: May 15, 2021
• Deadline for Full-paper submission: July 31, 2021
• Notification of Full-paper acceptance: September 15, 2021
• Deadline for Early Registration Fee: until September 30, 2021
November 9-12, 2021 – CILAMCE-2021
We encourage you to forward this information to others who may be interested, and we hope to see you (virtually or in-person) in Rio de Janeiro for CILAMCE-2021.
Malú Grave – UFRJ firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexander Viguerie – Gran Sasso Science Institute email@example.com
Americo Cunha – UERJ firstname.lastname@example.org
Claudia Mazza Dias – UFFRJ email@example.com
Gustavo Libotte – LNCC firstname.lastname@example.org
Tiago Pereira – CemEAI-USP email@example.com
Rodrigo Burgos – UERJ – firstname.lastname@example.org